50 Size Airwolf build

If you have a model, either electric or glow, that you feel has such a great setup that it would be beneficial for others to know about, then tell us about it here!

Moderator: Committee

Cyberfyn

50 Size Airwolf build

Postby Cyberfyn » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Finally getting around to matching up the Century Airwolf fus and the Hirobo Sceadu Evo 50.

First trial fit of mechanics to fuselage to mark for mounting points. Vario Strobe kit fitted (one top, one bottom)

Mechanics mounted onto supplied hardwood supports and bolted to fus. Cooling vent cut for the OS50 Hyper. Century scale Muffler fitted (cheers Ian)

Trial fit of top hatch to mark for swash plate cutouts. Front screen mounting holes drilled. Retracts fitted. You can see the nifty little Turnigy unit in the front side window that syncronises all three retracts.

10 minutes of carefull Dremel use later:

That's as far as I've got so far. Bank holiday weekend and a trip to the Nats for some bits and she'll be done! More pics to come....

Ian.
Very funny Scotty.... Now beam down my trousers!

giraffe

Re: 50 Size Airwolf build

Postby giraffe » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Daaa dadada daaa da da....

Looks great do the rockets pop out from beneath
Planes don't fly through trees well!!!

Cyberfyn

Postby Cyberfyn » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Not yet :-) but I've found a company that does scale cockpit kits and high quality weapon sets for this model.. but I think ill make it stand off scale and just fly it!

Cyberfyn

Postby Cyberfyn » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Final fit of tailfins and rear rotor. Mechanics all in and fixed. Dubro Quickfill fitted to the fuselage where the moulded in real filler was. Windows trimmed and glued in (Pain in the ass)

Guns fitted and radio install tested.

All done and ready for flight testing now!

scott

Postby scott » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:22 am

Did you test fly the airwolf yet?

Scott.
You cant expect to get better when you dont practice - Bad weather is not an excuse! :-)

trex mad

Postby trex mad » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:26 am

Loving the airwolf dude !! But can't help but notice that Trex 600e on shelf !! Now that's a proper machine lol :-)
You will have to bring that 600 down to the field !! :-) need to see that flying lol

Cyberfyn

Postby Cyberfyn » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Yeah, the 600 is a mechanical work of art. I'm still building it, so will bring it down when its all sorted. Just programming the flybarless system and setting up the governor on the esc. Talk about complicated!

trex mad

Postby trex mad » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Flybarless!!! Sweet, hoping to go flybarless myself soon !! You got the new 3Gx system ??
You gonna run the beast on 12 s ?? You won't be disappointed with her !!
Hope to see you down the field with her soon !!! Lol

scott

Postby scott » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:09 am

Mark,

I hope I dont sound as gay as you do when I talk abouts jets ..... do you carry a box of cleanx around with you??? :mrgreen: ooooo yeah baby 12s ... mmm

Scott
You cant expect to get better when you dont practice - Bad weather is not an excuse! :-)

Cyberfyn

Postby Cyberfyn » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Lol. Yeah it's the new 600EFL Pro with the 3GX system and CC Phoenix 80 ICE-HV ESC running on 12s. Both the 3GX and ESC need to be setup on the computer and ported across. Good thing is that there are real world setups that you can download and use, rather than blindly trialing yourself. Got four Tunigy Nanotech 5000mAh 45-90c winging their way from Hobbyking, so should all be ready soon. Looking at the Youtube vids it's going to be pretty much unlimited!

Ian.

Cyberfyn

Postby Cyberfyn » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:47 am

And back into bits again! Exhaust came loose on the second test flight, plus it was running hot, so all stripped down again. Exhaust re-fitted with red Locktight AND nylock nuts. Heatproof metal tape fitted to front of frames to help duct cooling airflow over the head and out the cutout in the fuselage. Plus fitted a Model Avionics Revlock Governor I had siting arond. Will be re-re-built and flown at the weekend.... Weather permitting.

Ian.

scott

Postby scott » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:35 am

Looking good Ian ... Hope the weather forecast changes for the weekend ... as its water planes Sat / Sun ...

Had some great offers on the Spit ... still very tempted to keep it for a season though ... great crowd pleaser :mrgreen:

Scott.

Cyberfyn

Postby Cyberfyn » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:59 am

Keep it for year mate. It'll still get the same money next year as they are sought after models. Especially so with the extra scale bits on. Might nip down and have a looksee at the waterplane at the weekend. Need to blag a go on something to see if it's something I like :wink:

Ian.

Return to “My Models Spec & Other Info”